Wednesday, March 2, 2011

20 happy chicks...let the coop building begin!





I've decided on a coop design. I'm going with a town house set up so I can take the coops apart and bring them with us when we move. Yes, we WILL move. I know some people like the cold, I am NOT one of them. I love NY in the summer but the winter lasts for 5 months and I can't take it.

I'm going to keep a walk through to the two...maybe 3 coops. I have 20 chicks and my 4 hens. I think the older girls will keep their own coop. I can always separate the coops if there are behavior issues that I have to deal with. I've been looking at all kinds of pictures of coops but I'm going to design this myself to get exactly what I want. I've seen the crazy prices on some of the coops too, so I hope to make some extra of the small size coops to sell on Craigslist. There are some on there, but I can charge a lot less and get more people keeping chickens. I think everyone should have a few chickens in the yard. We'd be a better country if we all took some responsibility for our own food.

It's very depressing today as I plan my coop and gardens. The wind is crazy and the snow is coming down sideways...it's MARCH..stop this!!! A few more years so I can stay home with my girls in this cold. I can do this...I can do this..I can do this.....


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about this, Julie. It's AWESOME!! I will check back daily. :)
    LOVE THE CHICKS!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete