Thursday, May 31, 2012

Too busy with Chicks for Crafts

I hate to admit that I'm waiting for a rainy day so we can get back to crafting. It seems I ripped my rotatee cup or something like that...I meet with an orthopedic surgeon soon. That leaves me out of gardening for a bit. I must have done it throwing rocks. My girls are too captivated with the baby chicks to want to come inside. We only got 4 from a friend this year, but two of them are Faverolle chicks. I have never in my life seen such easy going holdable chicks!
Luna will put her "Lemonade" on her lap and she will just sit there nicely and go to sleep. I would half think a panic coma, but the little bird lets her catch her and gets carried around for hours. I have to tell them both to put the chicks down enough to let them eat. These are some very very well chicks!
The other two are a Dominique and a Barred Rock. Both are very sweet, but a bit flighty and nothing like the two Faverolle chicks. I think we are hooked.
Look how cute these chicks are!


3 comments:

  1. Julie, so sorry about your injury. That kind of thing is the worst for homesteaders.

    I've never had Faverolle chickens so I was very interested in your experience. Interesting they are so docile and friendly! Perfect for kids, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leigh. I'm feeling better and everything is growing even if it is a bit late...and DRY! The Faverolles are perfect for the girls:) My Dominique is turning into my new favorite now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leigh, It's been a while, so I don't know if you'll see this but I thought I'd mention that those two cute baby Faverolles don't really want anything to do with us now. They are kind of cowardly. My Dominique and Barred Rock on the other hand are great pets! Bold, curious, and soft.

    ReplyDelete