Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Sticks-A Tasty Project

 There's not a lot I need to say about Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Sticks...except...yummmm.
We had cousins and friends come over for a craft party around Christmas time to make gifts for their Moms and just to play. All the girls really loved this...so did my sons. (My oldest son loved the clean up...ie..eating the left overs)

I melt my chocolate in my double boiler and pour it into separate cups for each dipper. I know you can melt it in the microwave, but I'm older and set in my ways. Besides, it might be in my head, but I really think it stays melted longer when you do it over a burner. That's my thought.

Of course you can get as fancy as you like. The younger girls really enjoyed just the process. The older girls really liked trying to make them look pretty. When the chocolate was still warm we rolled them in different kinds of sprinkles. We placed them on cookie sheets with wax paper on them. After they were all dry some of the older girls came in with melted white chocolate. I bought a bag of the Wilton that I used to LOVE to work with when I had time. They drizzled a bit of the white chocolate to make lines on them. We put them all in tall gift bags for them to take home at the end of the party.
I'll add more about hosting a kids craft party later. It's a great way to really get them creating:)
Aren't these girls adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment