Sunday, April 15, 2012

Very simple wind sock


This little wind sock is fun to make and to watch blow in the breeze. To make it really last we used a strip of plastic mesh for the top. I cut and rolled a strip of mesh and simply stitched it with yarn and a blue yarn needle.
My kids glued the shapes cut out of craft foam onto the tube and choose all the ribbon from my bucket of scraps. (nice to use those bits we all have stashed around) We put the ribbons onto the mesh with a touch of glue so the kids could really feel like they did it all. I came in after them and used another ribbon on the inside to really secure them. This has been blowing in the wind a while and has really held up. 
I love having pretty things hanging in the trees. I think we need to try wind chimes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment