Sunday, January 13, 2013

Muffin pan crayons


The finished crayons
 These have all ready been used in hours of pretend play...none of which included actual coloring.
I didn't shave the old crayons...I just cut and let the girls sort them how they wanted.
 



We made these up while we were waiting for cookies to come out of the oven. I'm cheap..I mean thrifty smart.. and didn't want to run the oven without another use. I had the oven set at 350 degrees and stuck these in as soon as I took the cookies out. I just watched them, so I don't have a set time to tell you.

One thing I will say about how they came out is that we needed to sand the smooth side a bit to color. There was residue from the non-stick spray I used. I'm guessing you could do it without the spray, but the directions that I remember called for it. My girls mostly like these for "jewels" but we will also be using them for plastic leaf rubbings later this week.

This is the new smile face:)


3 comments:

  1. These look so fun! We have quite the collection of broken crayons. We just might make some in a cute little heart muffin pan for Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so cool! What a creative idea!

    Tamsin

    ReplyDelete