Monday, January 10, 2011

So far so good

I can't say that I've been diligent with the vinegar, but I have been putting forth a good effort. I have to say that it's the nastiest tasting thing to try to swallow that I've ever tried. My sister seems to like it, but for the life of me I can't see how. My husband and I switched to Balsamic Vinegar on our salads only and I'd rather drink that really. Here's the important thing though, I haven't had a single attack since drinking what I have been drinking of the vinegar. None. I might have over did it the first week, but not so it ever upset my stomach. I tried putting it in my orange juice and did this a couple times a day. I also tried to do shots, but that just doesn't work for me. I don't like any kind of shot and it might as well been tequila it was so nasty.

On top of the vinegar I've been taking dandelion tablets once in a while when I felt the gall bladder getting a bit sore. The bottle says "consult a doctor if you have a blockage of the intestines or bile ducts or inflammation of the gallbladder." I don't know why since that's why you buy the pill to begin with. Anyway, what I feel is what I think some inflammation or at least irritation but the doctors I've gone too have been worthless. This seems to work.

I also found some malic acid pills at the Vitamin Shoppe. I don't take them as often as I should, but I can't see how they could hurt you. It's like eating apples. I was just trying to find acids to work like the vinegar without the nastiness. I've been on a huge vitamin C kick. This year I'm NOT going to sick. My husband gets sick every year and with 4 kids in the house and 2 in public school you know the cold bug is lingering around here all the time. As soon as I get sniffles I start up with the Emergen-C. Honestly, I just love it just as a drink. I have a tall Tupperware class of it on the counter about all day. I'm thinking the asorbic acid is, well, acid.

I can't say exactly what it helping, but I have felt better than I have in a long time. I go back for ultrasounds when I can find a doctor for my yearly. It's hard around here. I have talked with surgeons, but have yet to find a doctor who will monitor me. My insurance pays for one physical a year, so my last time was last February. I'll find someone by next month. A year ago my gallstone was 3 cm and I had a lot of pain and a few attacks where I thought I had food poisoning. Since I've been working on it and visualizing it shrinking I haven't had a single attack where I've been sick. I have had some episodes where the pain in my shoulder blades has been unbearable for days at a time. Since the vinegar and like 3,000 mg of C I haven't had a single episode of pain. Well see when I get a doctor what the ultrasound shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment