Saturday, November 3, 2012

One World Concert


His Holiness The Dalai Lama (from the cheap seats)
Outside the arena at Syracuse University - People EVERYWHERE:)


I was so blessed and so excited to be able to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama in person. My husband and I have every book I can get my hands on, listened to him many times, and we re-watch the documentaries on NetFlix. To see him in person was special and one of my dreams come true.

Just to be in the same building as The Dalai Lama and to feel his energy was AMAZING!  I walked away with a feeling that my personal happiness is important. Happiness of the individual changes the world. When you are happy and living the way you should be with kind-hardheartedness then you treat others with that kindness and you help them find their own happiness. A happier family leads to a happier community..to a kinder world. Never belittle the importance of the individual.Kind-hardheartedness is indeed contiguous.

He has such a pure and child-like laugh that it lifts your soul to hear him. His wisdom and kindness permeated the arena and it was something that can only be understood when you are in that moment. He also spoke about the mind-body-spirit connection and how our thoughts create disease. It motivated my husband a bit to get back to his meditation practice and it helped motivate me to keep the kids on schedule with their yoga DVD's.  It takes effort. Happiness is the most worthwhile aspiration any of us can have when we realize it leads to a better world for all.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment